Best Pillows for Side Sleepers [Review & Shopping Guide 2017]
Its quite interesting to know that people sleep in different fashions. For example, some people sleep on their backs, others sleep on their stomachs, while others sleep on their side. If you consider yourself a side sleeper and are in the market for a comfortable pillow to help you sleep better, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you’ll find a few lists that are dedicated to showing you the best selling, most popular, and most effective side pillows for sale online.
To build these lists, we had to accumulate a considerable amount of information including the number of sales each side-pillow has, overall customer ratings and reviews regarding the satisfaction of the pillow, the quality of material used to build the pillow, the price point of each pillow, and a few other factors. After collecting all this information and putting it into our updated algorithm, we’re excited to show you some of the best side pillows currently for sale.
Best Selling & Most Popular Pillows For Side Sleepers
For all those side sleepers who are interested in buying an effective and comfortable pillow, this is a great starting point. Below, you will find a list of some of the best selling and most popular pillows. If you’re not sure where to begin, this is a perfect place to reference. be sure to read through each product listed within this list. This includes the pillow description, images of the pillow, and even previous customer reviews. This will allow you to get an understanding as to what previous customers have thought about the product once received and allow you to understand what you’re looking for.
Best Pillows for Side Sleepers with Neck Pain
Waking up with neck pain is the absolute worst. If you find that you sleep on your side and wake up with neck pain often, you definitely should consider buying a new pillow. The pillows listed below are extremely comfortable for side-sleepers and offer the support and comfort to relieve neck pain. Thousands of people have already purchased these pillows and boast about the effectiveness of these pillows. Scan through some of these pillows and see if any of them match what you’re exactly looking for.
Best Pillows for Side Sleepers with Shoulder Pain
Typically, if its not neck pain, its shoulder pain. When you sleep on your side, your weight is shifted towards one side of your body which can often lead you to sleep in a weird, unnatural position and can cause an incredible amount of shoulder pain when you arise from your sleep. In order to help prevent shoulder pain, you should consider sifting through a few of these specifically designed side-pillows for should support and reduction of shoulder pain. Be sure to read through what others have said about and rated these pillows to give you a better understanding of what the model specifically offers and how it holds up in its every-day use.
Best Leg Pillow for Side Sleepers
Some people prefer to sleep with a pillow between their legs. If you’re a side-sleeper looking to grab a comfier leg pillow, you cannot go wrong with any of the below-listed units. These pillows are fluffy, squishy, and most importantly, extremely comfortable. After placing any of these leg pillows between your legs while in bet, you’ll feel extremely comfortable. Not only are all of these leg pillows built with high-quality and long-lasting material, they are quite affordable too.
Additional Pillows to Consider
Many side sleepers often ask the question – which is the best pillow for side sleepers? It is important to let you know that it can be difficult to find the perfect pillow if you are a side sleeper. There is nothing worse than tossing and turning all night and having a hard time staying or falling asleep. There is a lot of reasons why you may be finding it hard to ‘hit the hay’, but it is possible that your pillow is the biggest culprit.
A lot of people are of the notion that all pillows are alike but this is simply not true. Your reason for not sleeping well may be as a result of your pillow. You need to have a pillow that fits well with your sleeping habits because “pillows are not one-size-fits-all, it really comes down to preference and comfort.”
Nothing starts your day off better than getting a good night’s sleep – and sleeping with the right pillow can be of great help. If you are looking for the best pillow for side sleepers, here are the top three.
SD011104 SideSleeper Pro Neck and Back Pillow
The SD011104 SideSleeper pro neck and back pillow was designed with the side sleeper in mind. In fact, a good night’s sleep just got easier as it helps promote proper alignment of your spine, neck and head; correcting your posture while you sleep.
In 2004 Dr. Cole developed and patented the Side Sleeper Pro Pillow to alleviate neck stiffness. This is the only Side Sleeper Pro Pillow with a built in ‘Ear Well’ to help you get a more restful night’s sleep and to relieve external ear folding. It also helps keep airways aligned and unrestricted to alleviate snoring.
“I designed the pillow to make sure that people are able to sleep in the normal side posture position in order to get the best restful sleep possible.” – says Dr. Larry Cole.
- The cover material is 100 percent cotton
- Filling material is 100 percent polyester fibers
- Corrects sleep posture
- Relieves pressure on the neck – allowing you to wake up with less stiffness
- Ensures you sleep and wake up refreshed after a night’s rest by correctly positioning your head and neck
- Comes with specially designed ‘ear well’ for added comfort
- Cover is machine washable
- The pillowcase is easy to remove
- Does not come with a written instruction guide. Only comes with pictures printed on the box that are self-explanatory. Most people would prefer a concise, easy to understand instruction sheet with photos
- The inflatable travel cushion cannot be removed as it comes attached to the pillow. But some side sleepers may not need it
Beyond Down Gel Fiber Side Sleeper Pillow
The Beyond Down Gel Fiber Side Sleeper Pillow is filled with micro fiber gel which makes it the top reason for it being so good for side sleepers. The gel molds to fit the head and neck and actually stays that way all night long – making sure you have a pain free morning. The pillow features a 300 thread count cover made of 100% cotton and featuring an elegant windowpane design.
- 100% cotton
- 300TC 100% cotton cover
- Filled with luxurious micro denier gel fiber
- Double needle corded edges
- Well-made and durable
- Machine Washable for easy care
- The hypoallergenic nature of this pillow makes it perfect for people with allergies
- Does not have any smell – helping you keep your allergies in check
- It is soft but firm enough to keep your neck and head in a comfortable place
- Completely adjustable, this pillow conforms to your head and neck for the best comfort and support available
- Could get compressed. But it returns to the original shape after fluffing it for a few seconds
- If you put your hand between the pillow and mattress you might feel you head – which is not too good if you really want comfort
Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow
Sleep Innovations Cool Contour Memory Foam Pillow is therapeutically designed for back and side sleepers. It comes with an ergonomic shape promoting spinal alignment and providing support and maximum comfort during sleep. Because it molds to the shape of your head, neck and shoulder, tossing and turning is reduced greatly all through the night.
- 25% Polyester/75% Cotton
- Dimension of the pillow is 20 x 15 x 5 inches
- Five-year manufacturer warranty
- Made in the U.S.A
- Relieves shoulder, neck and back pain by relaxing the neck and shoulder muscles
- The cover can be removed and they are machine washable – preventing accumulation of dirt and dust
- It is hypoallergenic and dust-mite free
- Retains shape for continued support during sleep
- It has high and low loft for any sleeping profiles
- Has a 2-layer design which protects against heat disturbances throughout the night
- Thin foam with poor contour
- The cooling layer detaches from the white layer which is usually not expected to happen
The best pillow for side sleepers discussed above will ensure you get the much needed comfortable and peaceful slumber during sleep. Remember that nothing starts your day off better than getting a good night’s sleep. So take the right step today and get yourself one of these efficient and cost effective best pillow for side sleepers. This is one of the best ways to guaranty comfort all through the night.